Step-by-Step Guide to Convert MP4 to Xbox 360 Supported to Easy Fix “can’t play MP4 on Xbox 360” Issue
Xbox 360 MP4 Playback Issues
Have problems of streaming MP4 to Xbox 360? Or MP4 files can be streamed to Xbox 360 but you just can’t play MP4 on Xbox 360 properly.
- MP4 with 5.1 AAC (6 channels) audio not playing on Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 can’t show subtitles from a MP4 file
- Xbox 360 no longer playing MP4 video after the latest update
- When try to stream MP4 to Xbox 360 by via of Windows Media Player, only to get “No videos Found” whenever I go into a folder with MP4 files
- Though MP4 files do show up in my Xbox 360’s Video Library, I get a message of “Can’t play this content because it may not be supported” when I try to open any .MP4 file.
- No sound when playing MP4 on Xbox 360
- I downloaded a MP4 video from iTunes to a flash drive, when I put it into the Xbox 360, it failed to recognize it.
Reasons “failed to add mp4 to Xbox 360” or “can’t play MP4 on Xbox 360”?
Xbox 360 only plays two kinds of MP4: H.264 video MP4 and MPEG-4 Part 2 video MP4 with the following technical specification:
- H.264 video: Up to 10 Mbps with resolutions of 1920*1080, 30 frames per second; Baseline, main and high video profile (up to level 4.1); Audio profiles must be in AAC, 2-channel, Low Complexity
- MPEG-4 Part 2 video: Up to 5 Mbps with resolutions of 1280*720, 30 frames per second; Simple Profile and Advanced Simple Profile; Audio profiles must be in AAC, 2-channel, Low Complexity
If the MP4 video does not meet requested specifications, the MP4 will either fail to be added to Xbox 360 or unable to be playback on Xbox 360.
How to Play MP4 on Xbox 360 Successfully?
In order to play all kinds of MP4 video on Xbox 360 successfully (with subtitle shown on Xbox 360), we had better convert MP4 to Xbox 360 more compatible video format like WMV or MP4.
Make preparation: Free Download MP4 to Xbox 360 Converter.
Bigasoft Toal Video Converter, just the right MP4 to Xbox 360 Converter. It can fast convert Xbox 360 unsupported MP4 to Xbox 360 friendly format like WMV, AVI, MOV, or MPG. Besides converting MP4, it also enables to convert any other video formats to successfully play MKV, WTV, DVR, VOB, FLV, MOV, BIK, F4V, MXF, MVI, AVCHD, MTS, ASF, and more on Xbox 360. Moreover, it is equipped with advanced video editing function like adding subtitle, trimming video, increasing audio volume, cropping video, splitting video and etc.
Step 1: Add MP4 files to Total Video Converter
Simply drag and drop your MP4 files to the main interface of this powerful MP4 to Xbox Converter. or click on “Add files” button to add MP4 video files.
Step 2: Choose Xbox 360 supported video format
Click the drop-down button to the right side of the “Profile” to select Xbox 360 compatible video format from the “Xbox HD Video” category:
- Although AVI, MPG, MOV are also supported by Xbox 360, selecting “Xbox 360 WMV (*.wmv)” as output format is recommended.
- To play HD MP4 on Xbox 360, selecting “Xbox 360 WMV HD Video (*.wmv)” as output format is recommended.
Step 3: Add subtitle to MP4 files to play MP4 on Xbox 360 with subtitle (optional)
To add subtitles to MP4 files to play MP4 on Xbox 360 with subtitle, click “Effect button” to open the “Video Edit window”, and then click the “Subtitle” tab to add subtitle by clicking the “Add Subtitle” button.
Step 4: Convert MP4 to Xbox 360 format
Click “Convert” button to start and finish converting MP4 to Xbox 360 friendly format.
Step 5: Transfer and Play MP4 on Xbox 360
After finishing converting MP4 to Xbox 360 supported format, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted MP4 for transfer to Xbox 360 by via of USB storage device, Windows Media Player 11, Zune Software, Windows Home Server or Windows Media Center. Then it is just easy to play MP4 on Xbox 360!