XAVC, which later was expanded to XAVC S for comsumers, is an open recording format introduced by Sony. XAVC or XAVC S uses the highest video standard level 5.2 of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC. XAVC can support 4K resolution (4096 × 2160 and 3840 × 2160) at up to 60 frames per second (fps) while XAVC S supports resolutions up to 3840 × 2160, uses MP4 as the container format.
To push XAVC foramt to world, instead of one, Sony introduced two new 4K systems that supports XAVC recording. Bot PMW-F5 and PMW-F55 has achieved great success and has received lots of positive review by shooters and movie editors. Both XAVC are XAVC S are supported by the lastest version of the leading video editting software including Adobe Creative Suite 6, Avid, Final Cut Pro X, Grass Valley, Quantel, and Sony Vegas Pro 12.
However, if your Premiere, Final Cut, Sony Vegas is in early verson, such as Premiere Pro CS3/ CS4/ CS5, Final Cut HD, Final Cut Pro 7/6, Final Cut Express, Sony Vegas 11, you will need to upgrade your editting software before you can import XAVC to Final Cut, Sony Vegas or Premiere. Or you will need to convert your XAVC/XAVC files before edit.
In most cases, XAVC and XAVC S are still too new to be playable by hard devices, mobil devices or editable by editting programs. In order to play or edit XAVC or XAVC S, a stand soltuion is to convert XAVC or XAVC S in to a more popular video formats. The following article includes a step-by-step guide on how to convert XAVC or XAVC S video to ProRes, HD AVI, HD MP4, HD MOV, HD WMV MPEG-2 and other lots of video and audio formats.
The guide applies to:
- Convert XAVC/XAVC-S to ProRes to import XAVC to Final Cut Pro 7, 6, Final Cut Pro X, Avid;
- Convert XAVC/XAVC-S to HD MPEG-2 to import XAVC/XAVC S to Premiere Pro CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6;
- Convert XAVC or XAVC S to HD MP4, HD MOV to edit XAVC in iMovie, Fincal Cut Express, or play XAVC/XAVC S in QuickTime, iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/S2/S/Tab/Note, upload to YouTube, etc;
- Convert XAVC/XAVC-S to HD WMV, HD AVI to import XAVC/XAVC S to Windows Movie Maker, Windows Live Movies Maker for edit, or play in Windows Media Player/Windows Media Center;
- Convert XAVC/XAVC-S to DV to add to Sony Vegas and etc;
- Convert XAVC to any other video formats like convert XAVC/XAVC S to MKV, FLV, WebM, 3GP, VOB, DivX, Xvid, TS, RM, ASF, SWF, OGV, and etc.
- Extract audio from XAVC or XAVC-S video and convert to HD audio FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, APE, MP3, OGG, AC3, AAC, M4A, etc.
Step-by-Step Guide to Convert XAVC or XAVC S to ProRes, HD AVI, HD MOV, HD MP4, HD WMV, etc.
PrePare: Free download XAVC Converter(XAVC S Converter)
Step 1: Import XAVC or XAVC S to XAVC Converter
Click the button of “Add files” add XAVC/XAVC S files to XAVC Converter.
Step 2: Set Output format
In “Profile” drop-down, select wanted video format such as “ProRes HQ Video (*.mov)” from “General Video” category or “HD MP4 Video” or “HD WMV Video (*.wmv)” from “HD Video” category.
Step 3: Convert XAVC files or XAVC-S video files
Click the “Convert” button to convert XAVC files or XAVC-S files to ProRes, HD MP4, HD MOV, HD AVI, HD MPEG-2, etc.