Summary: Easy instruction on how to export and convert Windows Live Movie Maker WLMP to MP4, MOV, MP3 to play on iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Samsang Galaxy, Mac, iTunes or edit in iMovie, Final Cut Pro/Express
WLMP file is a movie project file created by Windows Live Movie Maker. Such .wlmp project file is actually not a valid video file and cannot be opened and played by any media players like VLC, QuickTime, iTunes, iPod, iPod touch, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, or uploaded to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo for sharing. To play WLMP on Mac is of course hardly by achieved.
Though WLMP files can be reopened in Windows Live Movie Maker on a Windows PC and can be saved or exported to WMV video format, the exported WMV from WLMP will be unable to be played on Mac computer or iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, etc as WMV is an incompatible format with Mac OS X or any Apple devices.
In order to play .wlmp files on Mac QuickTime, iTunes(iTunes 11 included), iPad, iPod, iPod touch, Apple TV, or edit WLMP files in iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, we have no other choices but to convert WLMP to MP4, MOV, or MP3.
This article describes a step by step guide on how to convert WLMP to MP4, MP3 or MOV.
Step 1: Save WLMP project file as a video file
For Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista users :
- Click the Movie Maker button to open Windows Live Movie Maker
- Click the menu “File -> Open Project” to open *.WLMP file
- Click “File -> Save movie” to save WLMP project file as a video file
In Windows Live Movie Maker 2012, exporting WLMP project file to video format extends from WMV to MP4. You can save WLMP files to WMV or MPEG-4 H.264 Video in High-definition 1080p or 720p, Widescreen (480p), or Standard-definition.
For Mac OS X users(Mountain Lion included):
There is no other option to export WLMP file to video on Ma but to export WLMP file on Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista in Windows Live Movie Maker.
- It is finished, if you only want to convert WLMP project file to WMV.
- You may continue the following steps, if your Windows Live Movie Maker cannot support export .wlmp files to MP4 or if you want to convert WLMP to MOV, DV, ASF, SWF, AVI, DivX, Xvid, 3GP, FLV, WebM, MKV, VOB, RMVB, MPEG, MPG, and MPEG-2 or convert WLMP to MP3, WMA, WAV, AC3, M4A, FLAC, OGG, AIFF, MP2 and etc.
Step 2: Run Pavtube Video Converter
Step 3: Import the exported WLMP file
Click “Add Video” button to add the exported WLMP WMV file in step 1.
Step 4: Set output profile
Click the small triangle to the right of “Format” to select MPEG-4 Movie(*.mp4), MOV – QuickTime(*.mov), or MP3 and etc as desired output video or audio format from “General Video” or “General Audio” category.
Step 5: Finish WLMP to MOV, MP4 or MP3 Conversion
Click “Convert” button to start and finish converting WLMP to MP4, MOV, MP3, DV, MKV, VOB, AVI, MPG, 3GP and etc.