- Solution: AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring supported Format
- Step-by-Step Guide to AirPlay Video from PC/Mac to Apple TV 3/2
AirPlay through iTunes makes it easy to play photos, videos, music from Windows computer (Windows 8 included) and MacBook Air/MacBook Pro/Mac mini/iMac/Mac Pro on your HDTV via Apple TV. AirPlay Mirroring even powers the streaming. AirPlay Mirroring lets you show exactly what’s on your Mac (web pages, games, photos, videos, spreadsheets, class material, and more) to HDTV in the room via Apple TV.
AirPlay Mirroring is powerful for screen sharing. However, it does not include Windows computer support yet. Mac computer will need to run with OS X Mountain Lion and whose iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini is produced in Mid 2011 or newer or MacBook Pro in early 2011 or newer.If you use earlier version of iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini, MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion, you will not able to take advantage of the AirPlay mirror feature.
If you use, Windows PC (Windows 8 included), or earlier version of iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini, MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion or Mac computer with OS X other than Mountain Lion, you will not able to take advantage of the AirPlay mirror feature. In such circumstance, to view content from Your computer on HDTV via Apple TV, you will only need to use the AirPlay feature through iTunes.
AirPlay video on Windows and Mac through iTunes limits the format of your videos. Any format iTunes cannot support like AVI, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, and FLV video format, Airplay will not steam.
Even you are with latest OS X Mountain Lion and the lasted Mac, there are sometimes problems of AirPlay mirroring video content in MKV format in 1080p with FLAC, AC3, AAC audio codec, AVI with unusual audio content. For example, audio is slide-slow with the audio (audio video out of sync). Apple TV 2 cannot stream the 1080p video content.
Solution: How to Successfully AirPlay 1080p MKV,AVCHD MTS,AVI,WMV from PC/Mac to Apple TV 3/2?
In order to successfully AirPlay all kinds of video formats in HD 1080p or SD, TechiSky’s recommendation is to convert your video formats to Apple TV Supported MP4 or MOV format. This article includes a detailed guide to convert your video files with Aiseesoft Total Video Converter in order:
- To successfully AirPlay HD 1080p MKV AVCHD MTS,AVI,WMV from PC/Mac to Apple TV 3, convert video files to Apple TV 3 supported “Apple TV H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” in 1080p or 720p
- To AirPlay HD 1080p MKV AVCHD MTS, AVI, WMV from PC/Mac to Apple TV 3 with better audio sounds, convert video files to “Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)”.
- To successfully AirPlay HD 1080p MKV AVCHD MTS,AVI,WMV from PC/Mac to Apple TV 2, convert video files to Apple TV 2 supported “Apple TV H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” in 720p.
- To AirPlay HD 1080p MKV AVCHD MTS, AVI, WMV from PC/Mac to Apple TV 2 with better audio sounds, convert video files to “Apple TV 2 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)”.
- To successfully AirPlay SD MKV AVCHD MTS,AVI,WMV from PC/Mac to Apple TV 3/2, convert video files to Apple TV supported “Apple TV H.264 Video (*.mp4)”
This article also applies to AirPlay MXF, FLV, MOV, MP4, WMV, WTV, WebM, F4V to Apple TV 3 and Apple TV 2.
Step-by-Step Guide to Convert 1080p MKV,AVCHD MTS,AVI,WMV to Apple TV for successfully AirPlay or AirPlay mirroring
PrePare: Free download Aiseesoft Total Video Converter
Step 1: Add files
Click “Add Video” button to add your video files to Total Video Converter.
Step 2: Choose output profile
Click “Profile” drop-down to choose optimized profile for Apple TV 2 or Apple TV 3 as instructed in the solution part
Step 3: Customize output profile
click on “Settings” to open the “Profile Settings” window where you can customize video resolution to 1920*1080p or 1080*720p, adjust video frame rate, video bitrate, video aspect ratio to 16:9 or 4:3, set audio channel to 5.1 if your original audio is with 6 channel.
Step 4: Start Convert to AirPlay Supported format
Click the button of “Convert” button to start the conversion.
Step 5: Stream the converted video files from your PC/Mac/iMac/Macbook to Apple TV
- When the conversion is complete in Step 4, click “Open Folder” to locate the converted video files.
- Start iTunes, and then choose File -> Add File to Library to import the converted video files to iTunes or simply drag and drop the converted files to the iTunes Movie Library.
Hit on “Play Movie” button in iTunes. The movie will start playing. You’ll notice an AirPlay icon in the bottom right corner of the iTunes application show up. Click it, select “Apple TV” and your video will begin streaming from Mac/iMac/Macbook/PC.